After dental implant surgery, it is recommended that you take at easy for 48-72 hours. Resting assists the healing process and limits after surgery bleeding.
- Drink plenty of fluids, but nothing too cold.
- You may need to apply an ice pack to your face in twenty-minute intervals for the 2 days following surgery.
- If you received upper implants, do not blow your nose for two weeks.
- It is common to experience slight bleeding for about two days after surgery.
- You will feel slightly uncomfortable the first two days following surgery, but the third day is generally better.
- An increase in temperature of about 1 to 2 degrees is to be expected and is not a cause for concern.
- Finally, while you can eat when you are hungry, do not chew directly onto the bone graft.